The restaurant „Zur letzten Instanz” is the eldest restaurant in Berlin and ranks among the sights of the capital. Its origin is in 1621, when a former equestrian servant of the elector opened a gin mill at this place. The restaurant got its present name when mainly guests from the nearby court came to drink their experiences ”in the last instance”. Historic additions survived despite the reconstruction after the war, even Napoleon himself was served in the restaurant at the tiled stove. Our history, the two restaurants, private room and beer garden invite our guests to stay. Berlin cuisine a la carte with exclusive regional products and fresh beer on tap ensure culinary moments in original ambiance.